Monday, September 7, 2015

Tropical Watermelon Sorbet Slushie

So, I needed something weather appropriate, and I found it! I love watermelon. It's probably the perfect fruit, right? Anyway, if the fridge gets too full, or there's no way you can eat all your watermelon haul, I recommend freezing that magic stuff. You can make yummy, cooling treats like the one below.

I used the Vitamix for this. It probably works in other blenders, but might have a slightly different texture than mine.

I love limes and lemons, and I will find excuses to put them in anything

A photo posted by Charity (@veggie_charity) on
Add to Vitamix, in this order:

  • 1/4 C pineapple juice
  • 1 C fresh pineapple
  • 2 C frozen watermelon
  • Juice of 1/2 lime
Blend the magic elixir!
  • Start on low, variable, slowing increasing speed, then turning to high
  • Serve in a nice glass cup, which you can line the rim with lime and pink salt if you want to be fancy!
  • Decorate with a lime slice
Boom! Magic juice. All natural, frozen, sweet yumminess. All I'm saying is, eat fruit and be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment